Monday, February 15, 2016

Tomica Limited Vintage - Tomica Skyline Super Silhouette(1983 Early Vers.)

tomica limited vintage skyline super silhouette

One of these days, I will make a post on Top-Ten "Desert Island" 1/64 cars.  Maybe ask other collectors what their ten cars would be, similar to this post I made asking about their first TLV.  This Skyline would be on my desert island list.

Until the new Silvia arrive, there are six TLV Super Silhouette castings; Three Skylines, three Bluebirds.  This Skyline's my favorite.  From childhood, this was the Skyline I liked, and as any collectors know, things like that can influence your preference when we are talking toy cars.  :D

tomica limited vintage skyline super silhouette 83

tlv skyline super silhouette 83

tomica limited vintage   super silhouette


tomica limited vintage skyline super silhouette

トミカリミテッド ヴィンテージ  スカイライン・スーパーシルエット

Tomica Limited Vintage Tomica Skyline Super Silhouette

tlv Tomica Skyline Super Silhouette

hot wheels skyline nissan


Tomica Limited Vintage Tomica Skyline Super Silhouette

tlv Super Silhouette tomica

tomicarama tomica diorama


tlv skyline
tomica limited vintage skyline   silhouette

tlv super silhouette

This car makes Seibu Keisatsu Skylines look pedestrian.  Forget the Top-Ten.  I think it would make my Top-Three!

tomica nissan skyline

You can find the Late-83 & 1984 models here

tlv tomica limited vintage nissan skyline super silhouette
.







6 comments:

  1. Hmm, make a Top-Ten "Desert Island"...
    That's a good question, my good Sir, thank you for asking! ;)

    Nice pics and pretty car!
    By the way, have you pre-order the Silvia Super Silhouette 83?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bertrand! Yes,I've preordered Silvia. :)

    I was going to see if you'd be interested in this desert island post. With you and your collection, I couldn't begin to guess your ultimate top ten! I hope you put together a list for me(w/pics, but no hurry whatsoever). :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any Super Silhouette is a given in my personal top 10, but the Skyline seems to have that "It factor" that the other TLV SS cars can't quite hit. Maybe it's the ties to Masehiro Hasemi, a living legend in Japan, maybe it's the Tomica sponsorship. Or maybe even the fact that either of the two rim styles that the car had look great while not taking anything away from its racing livery.

    If there is a key reason as to why the future Silvia release is so eagerly awaited by fans all around the world, this Skyline is it. There is no way around it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't let Jarrod see that, but I am with you. Sure, Bluebirds are cool. Silvias will be, too.... but it's the Skylines. Especially this Early-1983 model. They just hits right spot.

      P.S. If you liked this Skyline, you will be in for a treat. As promised while back, I will be doing a post really soon on the two other Skyline Super Silhouettes + all three Bluebird Super Silhouettes. Thank you for commenting & I hope you like the next Super Silhouette feature, too! :)

      Delete
    2. Haha, I'm sure he must've already read it, he's sneaky like that... (laughs)
      But it is hard to argue with the Skyline's legacy, its Gran Turismo 2 appearance, and the two painstakingly detailed models that Tomica created. The Silvia, being a newer casting, will certainly benefit from the advances in Tomica's manufacturing processess, which is great.

      P.S.: Oh I'm sure that I will like that post a lot, don't you worry. ;) As someone who has yet to see a TLV SS model in person, I always look forward to see a detailed photoshoot of one, two, or even all of them together!

      Delete
    3. It would be interesting to see their latest Super Silhouette release, as it's been awhile.

      My combined Super Silhouette post should be coming in next day or two. Stay tuned!

      Delete