Sunday, June 14, 2015

Tomica Limited Vintage 5-Year Anniversary: LV-75a Nissan 3.5ton Truck Wrecker(Tow Truck)

Before you ask, on the side, it says"Atsugi Auto Sales Service Shop".  
LV-75a tomica wrecker 5 year anniversary
I still remember when I first saw this truck online, I think on Japan Booster.........  I didn't need it.  Actually, I didn't even want one.  I thought it was kinda lame looking.  Then one day, I ran into couple different blogs showing this truck with other vehicles in tow.......  I had to have one.  lol

Going rate for this truck seems to be $80+ currently, but I ended up running into a bargain on Playmoya, for less than $45 shipped.  Playmoya is one place you actually find TLVs on sale from time to time.

This is the first thing I noticed when I opened the box.

LV-75a tomica wrecker green chrome sweepstakes prize blue chrome nissan diesel 680 high flat bed truck

For their fifth year anniversary, they gave away prizes.  Two of their top prizes were green chrome finish Nissan wrecker, or blue chrome flatbed.  Just one hundred of each were awarded.  If the standard's worth $80, how much are the chrome wreckers?  Anyway, the pics:

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-75a Nissan 3.5ton Truck Wrecker

Towing Nissan Bluebird Sedan SSS Attesa Limited(1987) LV-N80b


tomica limited vintage tow truck

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-75a Nissan 3.5ton Truck Wrecker
Rear shot with the wheel-lift trailer.

I actually messed up here.  I think it's supposed to be towed on the driving wheels(rear in this case).
tomica tow truck greenlight
Greenlight Black Bandit 1967 Shelby GT500 being towed from wrong end.

Speaking of Greenlight, how's this for awesome surprise:

TLV Nissan 3.5t wrecker with Greenlight hitch & tow flatbed trailer!

greenlight hitch & tow flatbed

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-75a Nissan 3.5ton Truck Wrecker

Hot Wheels 100%/Black Box 1970 Firebird T/A on Greenlight flatbed hitch & tow trailer, being pulled by Tomica Limited Vintage wrecker tow truck.  Yes.

Compatibility with Greenlight Hitch & Tow trailers sure opens up fun possibilities for this Tomica!


tomica tow truck wrecker

greenlight tow truck

The LV-75b "Nissan Service" version of this wrecker is to be released in October, so if you are not ready to shell out $80 for this one, you will get a shot at the new one for probably around $30, with shipping.  Check out the AmiAmi preorder page.  

I forgot to add:  On the standard wheel-lift trailer that comes with the truck, it is so narrow I was not able to fit Hot Wheels, or Auto World on it.  Really narrow cars like the Greenlight Shelby in the pic was okay, but probably not with the rear wheels.





2 comments:

  1. Wow, a GL "Hitch & Tow" trailer on a TLV tow truck. Who would have thunk it? Makes a great looking set. The green chrome Tow truck looks better than I thought it would too.

    Nicely done a6.

    ReplyDelete