Saturday, June 6, 2015

Cool Story Bro: Johnny Lightning Mad Max Edition AMC AMX

Earlier this year, I had 1968 AMC AMX by Johnny Lightning listed on eBay.  It wasn't just another 1/64 scale AMX however.  It featured distinctive blue/yellow paint job with letters "MFP" on it.  MFP stood for Main Force Patrol.  Fictional police force from the classic Australian action film Mad Max.  Yes, I know everything after I Google it.  AMX isn't actually from the movie, however.

Here are the pics taken when I first acquired it:

johnny lightning mad max


Back to eBay.  So I'm taking new pics to list the car on eBay, but instead of plain white/gray background, I now have Tomicarama Shell gas station I use for "diorama" setting shots.  I'm sure you'll agree that the new pics are much less boring.

johnny lightning mad max amc amx
Johnny Lightning 1968 AMC AMX - Mad Max "MFP"
greenlight mad max

So where is the "cool" & "bro" in this story?  Well, I get a message one day from Jarrod(aka Spacegoat) in Australia, fellow collector & good friend on GTPlanet.   


 He reads this magazine:
johnny lightning mfp mad max amc amx
                                              

This is what he saw on page 27(bottom right):

                                                               
johnny lightning mfp mad max amc amx

Likely, they just took the pic right off Google, but I just love how a random pic taken by a collector in the States get picked off the internet by a car magazine in Australia, then the reader of the said magazine not only happens to be a collector, but actually know the guy in the U.S. who took the picture.  

I don't care what you say, this is a cool story bro.  :p 



2 comments:

  1. Still can't believe that out of all the pictures they could have chosen. They picked yours! lol Unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm glad they did, and I'm glad you found it. Super cool!

      Delete