Sunday, June 7, 2015

京商 サーキットの狼 ロータス ヨーロッパ: 1:64 Circuit Wolf Lotus Europa SP by Kyosho

京商 サーキットの狼

I still remember where I first saw this manga(comic book).  I believe I was still in the first grade, and it was some kind of reading period during class when I picked it up.  It looked really old, but it was so awesome.  

I recall reading so many great street racing & bousouzoku style mangas during my childhood in Japan, but "Circuit Wolf" was my entry into the genre.  You guys are familiar with the Fast & the Furious.  It's like that, except it's written for comics.  

kyosho lotus europa circuit wolf

The hero car of this manga was the Lotus Europa.  Due to the popularity of manga in Japan, and considering the presence of Circuit Wolf in that scene,  it's no surprise that this Kyosho exist.  Tomica made one too, though I've only seen it as a six-car set, or as a keychain.  The car is pretty much an icon amongst the manga readers.  This casting is so scarce & expensive though.  I was very lucky to snatch one off eBay for $20-something.  

京商 サーキットの狼 ロータス ヨーロッパ

kyosho circuit wolf lotus europa


Little stars in the red stripe represented the cars the main character had beaten in street races.  

京商 サーキットの狼 ロータス ヨーロッパ kyosho


kyosho circuit wolf lotus europa

kyosho lotus europa

Kyosho don't always beat TLVs in detailing, but look at those headlight lenses.  Wow.


How will it match up to the  Matchbox Lotus Europa?

dream tomica lotus europa matchbox

Much props to Matchbox for not only making such a cool selection on the casting, but doing amazing job with it.  It looks DAMN good for $1 car!





No comments:

Post a Comment