Saturday, June 27, 2015

Black Box Hot Wheels 100%: Belly Tank Lakester

hot wheels black box lakester

I talk alot sometimes, but don't worry, I know nothing about this car.**  lol  I've had my eye on it for few days, then bam, it came up on TTP along with another car I've been interested in, so I went for it.  Make sure you check out the last two pics:

Black Box Hot Wheels  Tank Lakester

hot wheels diorama

hot wheels diorama

back rear Black Box Hot Wheels 100%: Belly Tank Lakester

Hot Wheels 100%: Belly Tank Lakester

Way cooler than expected.

hot wheels black box lakester

**Just read that these "Belly Tank" racers were popular on the salt flats in the U.S. after the World War II.  According to the internet, belly tank name came from the fact that the bodies of these cars were recycled belly tank(those detachable fuel tanks on fighter planes) that were used on WWII planes like the P-38s.  I adore the war birds from WWII, so learning this makes this casting even more special to me.  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment