Wednesday, June 3, 2015

510 Bluebird by Hot Wheels? They Got Nothing On T.L.V.

Don't get me wrong, Hot Wheels 510/Bluebirds are fantastic.  One of the reasons why I got trapped in the hobby was their copper Datsun 510 in the first place.  I never bought Hot Wheels, but one day, I'm told that my nephew who was a toddler then loved them.  I start looking, and I see this marvelous vintage JDM goodness that is the Datsun 510 Bluebird.  I couldn't believe how cool Hot Wheels was to feature such a killer car for a buck!

Having said that.  Dollar cars do have their limitations.  TLVs often knock your socks off, but they've done an awesome job with the Bluebirds, even by their standards.

tomica limited vintage lv-89b bluebird 1600 sss and violet
LV-89b Bluebird 1600 SSS(on the right)

tomica limited vintage mr. k's selection datsun 510

tomica limited vintage 510
Mr. K's Selection Datsun 510(Not Bluebird, 510!)

lv-79a lv-79b bluebird tomica limited vintage
LV-79b Bluebird 1600SSS(orange) & LV-79a 1400DX(blue)

lv-81b tomica limited vintage nissan bluebird estate

lv-81b tomica limited vintage nissan bluebird wagon
LV-81b Bluebird Estate

lv-81a tomica limited vintage nissan bluebird estate

tomica limited vintage 510 wagon
LV-81a Bluebird Estate

TLV Bluebird sedans can be affordable.  Usually, the best source would be the Japan Booster on eBay.  Estate are never cheap.  They can expect to go for close to $80 or more on eBay.  Without the presence of amazing seller like the Japan Booster, I wouldn't have been able to score half the classic TLVs I've been able to nab.  Also special thanks to John from the Lamley Group.  If anyone ever need help with older Tomica Limited Vintage castings, Lamley & Japan Booster are your best source.  


Still, it looks damn good though.....
hot wheels super treasure hunt 510 bluebird wagon
Must be the real riders(rubber tires), amirite?

No comments:

Post a Comment