Sunday, March 20, 2016

Desert Island Cars Vol. 5:Ratsun's( 根津) Top Ten


Ratsun/根津 from Japan


Tomica Datsun 620 W-Pick
No. 10  Tomica Datsun 620 W-Pick

Tomica 620 Pickup is hard to find, even in Japan.  I selected this car, because my beloved ride also happens to be Datsun 620.

Racing Champions Manta gone in 60 seconds
 No. 9  Racing Champions Manta

My father owns this car in real life.  This was not an easy minicar to get my hands on, it was very hard.

Kyosho Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo  '94 Le Mans

No.8  Kyosho Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo  '94 Le Mans

Really like its "American look" with flared fenders & Le Mans version lights.  It has distinctive style unique to cars from American race teams.

custom hot wheels 69 chevy

No. 7  Hot Wheels Baby Chevy(a custom, based on 'Custom 69 Chevy')

I swapped the motor with LS1 from the C5 Corvette & installed a front end from the first gen. Camaro.  Put a lot of work into this one, and it is one of my favorites.

tlv idx nismo

No.6  TLV NEO IDx NISMO

I got to attend the Tokyo Motor Show, saw the actual car & it was a love at first sight.

hot wheels gigahorse mad max

No.5  1/64 Gigahorse(Custom)

I built this machine from the "Mad Max: Fury Road".  Lot of the parts used were made from raw material, so it was very difficult.  Gigahorse is my favorite vehicle from Mad Max.



tomica cherry custom

No.4  Tomica Cherry X1-R Mid-Engine(Custom)

I swapped the S20 motor from Skyline into Nissan Cherry.  This custom is unique with overfender & custom made grille.  I like this one a lot.

hot wheels fast & furious han's truck pickup

No.3  Custom Hot Wheels - F&F Han's Chevy Truck(based on  Custom '69 Chevy)

One of my favorite vehicles from the Fast & the Furious, but there is no minicar version of this truck, so I put this one together.  It was also entered into Hot Wheels Custom Contest.

hot wheels hong kong japan hi-tail hauler

No.2  Hot Wheels '56 Hi-Tail Hauler

It's made in Hong Kong, with Japanese packaging.  It's new, very rare, so I treasure it.

johnny lightning 68 charger

No.1  Johnny Lightning '68 Charger

This car isn't rare & it's certainly not in mint condition, but it's the first Charger minicar my parents bought me, and made me into a fan of the car.  Many memories associated with this car makes it special.

Minicar Pics 1/64:  Bad ass list...  Gigahorse is just amazing, and I don't know much about old hot wheels, but the Hi-Tail Hauler must be very valuable.  Yet, I think my favorite is Han's truck from F&F.  Amazing work, amazing collection.  Thank you for sharing!

You can check out many of his cool tweets here.  He has many hot wheels on there(you won't believe his showroom), as well as real cars!

CHECK OUT ALL DESERT ISLAND LISTS HERE!!!


3 comments:

  1. Hey. Great customs.
    Any way you could tell us more details of how you made the F&F custom chevy c10?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great custom indeed. Unfortunately, I don't have his current Twitter account name on me. We still follow each other on there, but haven't interacted in some time. Sorry!

      Delete
    2. He posted information about the custom truck in his tweet:


      https://twitter.com/ratsun_620/status/964446449164431361

      Delete