Saturday, July 4, 2015

AUTOart: Ford GT 1/64

tomicarama dioramaAUTOart: Ford GT 1/64


AUTOart: Ford GT 1/64
I think I had just one AUTOart model in 1/64 scale before this one.  A 350Z.  It's alright.  I think I paid around $6 for that one, and while it left lot to be desired, I couldn't really complain for the price.

I love Ford GTs.  As a kid, I didn't care for Fords, but still liked GT40.  When they introduced Ford GT, I couldn't believe how much the new car looked like the old.  AUTOart has lot of Ford GT releases in 1/18 scale, but I could never afford them.  Especially the Gran Turismo edition, I really wanted the carbon fiber black, but in the secondary market, it was going for hundreds on eBay.  Anyway, the point is, AUTOart has wonderful reputation as a diecast brand, but they really excel when it comes to Ford GTs.  This 1/64 version is no exception.  I paid $18 & change for this on Amazon.  Worth every penny:

autoart ford gt 1/64

autoart ford gt

autoart ford gt40

autoart ford gt40



Lot of times, I take couple of pictures of a car for the blog.  Front & back, call it good.  No, not possible with this beauty.  My favorite Ford GT in the collection was Johnny Lightning.  It's been dethroned.  

autoworld ford gt40

autoart ford gt

kyosho ford gt

hot wheels ford gt


"Most impressive" - Darth Vader


matchbox ford gt40










No comments:

Post a Comment