Saturday, May 30, 2015

Johnny Lightning Cars from the Simpsons

johnny lightning simpsons

johnny lightning simpsons



I doubt that they are that good anymore, but the Simpsons were great in the 90's.  Being a immigrant from the home of mangas & animes, "cartoons" were different animal altogether, but I was really entertained by this show, especially by Homer.  lol

Before Mattel, and their basic/mainline hot wheels & Retro Entertainment release of "The Homer", Johnny Lightning made really nice looking Simpsons cars.  I've been meaning to do "The Johnny Lightning" post, but I've been putting it off.  This also may be just the second JL post with this one being the first.  Anyway, the cars.  Let's start off with the orange stationwagon any Simpsons viewers should recognize:


Marge's Wagon - Gotta love the roof rack.

johnny lightning simpsons marge's station wagon

hot wheels simpsons

Springfield Elementary School....  or just Otto's School Bus



johnny lightning simpsons school bus

hot wheels simpsons

johnny lightning simpsons school bus

Chief Wiggum's Police Cruiser


johnny lightning simpsons

johnny lightning simpsons chief wiggum police car cruiser

simpson's hot wheels

Homer's Sedan - Soon to be released by Mattel in 2015, I believe as a basic/mainline Hot Wheels.



johnny lightning simpsons

johnny lightning simpsons homer

simpson's hot wheels

Eat my shorts.

*Pictures were all lost due to Photobucket photo hijacking, but it was restored today(09/18/17).  Price paid for this set was $31, shipped.  I'm going to check eBay now for today's pricing(get the feeling it's more than that now days).....  Last three set(of four) went for $60+, shipped.  I doubled my money!  :D





No comments:

Post a Comment