Sunday, May 24, 2015

Hot Wheels 100%: Porsche 917

Hot Wheels 100% Porsche 917 black box porsche set four car

I bought the Gulf 917K(on the right) from this wonderful seller on TTP, which I believe came from Hot Wheels Collectible set featuring something like four Porsches.  It's not a "Kyosho", or  "*** scale diecast model", but it has opening rear hatch, and it does have that finer Hot Wheels/Mattel charm to it often seen with these 100%/Black Box/HW Collectibles/etc.  When I saw a red one for decent price, I jumped on it.

I guess its sole drawback are the headlights.  In the Gulf version, it has painted headlamps peeking thru clear plastic lenses.  Here, it's like the inside of those clear lenses are painted completely in silver.  Looks cheap & weird.

porsche 917 hot wheels

It's all good after that though.  I'll stop talking.

hot wheels porsche 917 gulf red shell

hot wheels porsche 917

Enough Hot Wheels.  Time to mix it up little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment