Saturday, May 2, 2015

2008 Hot Wheels 40th Anniversary Celebration Japan Dinner ’55 Chevy Panel...... and Other '55 Panel Releases.

hot wheels chevy panel japan convention pink

I had this car for only few weeks.  I originally wanted the green version, but ran into a really good deal on the pink, so I got it, but decided to flip it, yada yada yada.......

I've been a fan of the '55 Chevy Panel ever since I discovered the bike thing.  Little metal motorcycle that stores inside the opening rear hatch of these things.  Unfortunately, my very first one from the Hot Wheels "Garage" series did not come with the bike.  I open the hatch, saw that  there was this little channel, or slot in the floor, and I while did wonder what it was for, I didn't give it much thought at the time.  

After discovering about the bike that was supposed to go inside, I went online & got this panel that actually came with the bike.

hot wheels chevy panel good year

hot wheels chevy panel motorcycle bike


Since then, I've picked up a few more.

Here's a real cool RLC(Red Line Club) version with a painted chopper motorcycle.

hot wheels chevy panel real riders rlc

Another special Chevy Panel:  K-Mart mail-in version.  Yes on the bike.

hot wheels chevy panel bike mail-in kmart


How about some variety.  Note: Atari Tempest do not come with the bike.  I like the car so much, I acquired one from the Ultra Hots(black/blue) on the right.

hot wheels batman chevy panel

Here's a Batman one, likely from the Pop-Culture(purchased loose).  No bike.  

hot wheels pop culture three musketeers chevy panel

As far as I'm aware, the latest version:  Pop Culture - 3 Musketeers Chevy Panel don't even have opening rear doors.  

hot wheels chevy panel 3 musketeers

You can get a decent deal on this one, along with the Sponge Bob & Grateful Dead Dairy Delivery(my eBay listing).

Finally, more pics of the pink '55 Panel from Japan.

hot wheels chevy panel japan convention pink

hot wheels chevy panel japan convention pink

hot wheels chevy panel japan convention pink bike motorcycle painted

hot wheels chevy panel bike japan

Edit(03/12/18):

I had already sold the pink Japan Chevy Panel sometime ago, but I found a new set for great price the other day.  Now I have both the green & the pink!

hot wheels chevy panel japan


There is one special '55 Chevy Panel I am saving for another time.  2009 Holiday version from RLC has a snowmobile in the place of the bike!  

hot wheels japan convention


hot wheels santa chevy panel snowmobile

3 comments:

  1. The photos you posted of these 55's are the only ones I've seen except for the purple/orange one I have. Did you paint the bike? Mine is unpainted. Love the green !
    PEACE from Philadelphia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weird. I did not paint the bike. Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. Hello, has the green Japan a bike too!?

    ReplyDelete