Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Johnny Lightning / TOMY Employee Only 2012 Holiday Vehicle: 1965 International 1200 Pickup

johnny lightning tomy

2013 saw the sad end to the Johnny Lightning brand.  Just in case you are wondering about the "TOMY" packaging, TOMY, the same company that operates Tomica was the last owner of Johnny Lightning.  Odd couple, indeed.

I was never an aggressive JL collector, yet, I continued to pick up their cars here & there until very recently(now, it's TLV or bust).  I have few JL cars I adore in my collection, but there is one that I TREASURE.  It arguably has the best paint job in the entire collection, laying on one of the most beautifully crafted casting.  It is the International  Scout 1200 employee holiday edition from 2012.  Please, watch drooling on the keyboard/phone.

johnny lightning employee car

johnny lightning employee international

johnny lightning holiday car international

Last year, I was lucky enough to land the White Lightning version of the employee holiday International Scout 1200.

johnny lightning employee car holiday white lightning

johnny lightning employee car tomy white lightning

johnny lightning employee holiday international pickup

For those not familiar with the White Lightning:  They were the JL's version of the chase similar to Green Machine(Greenlight), or Treasure Hunt.  I actually prefer the stock green version, but together, they are something else.


No comments:

Post a Comment