Saturday, April 4, 2015

Hot Wheels Oil Can / 100% Shell "Pump Services" VW Microbus

High Test Series 2 of 4, 1 of 15,000



I don't think there are many diecast fans, or minicar fans who doesn't have a soft spot for Hot Wheels.  Sure, their mainline castings are cool..... and for a buck!  You can't beat cool diecast car for one dollar, you just can't.  Yet, for me, store-bought Hot Wheels from local stores will not satisfy.  At least not completely, not even close.  I am a Real Riders fanboy, especially of the RLC(Red Line Club) releases, also the premium cars never released in stores, or you could never find one anyway due to their popularity, or poor distribution.  Those "Hot Wheels" I generally can only find online, they are the hot wheel cars that captivate me.
Hot Wheels Oil Can / 100% Shell Pump Services VW Microbus  volkswagen bus t2 tomica greenlight m2

hot wheels vw microbus

hot wheels vw microbus shell



I believe I got this one on the Toy Peddler?  Toy Peddler is a toy car(mainly 1/64) classified site I couldn't recommend highly enough.  Most of the sellers are just wonderful, and compared to eBay, it has more collector-to-collector atmosphere & prices are generally lower than eBay, at least from my experience.  Don't get me wrong, I love both sites to death!  My Toy Peddler listings(shameless, I know).

Back on topic.  I free this Shell Volkswagen bus from the cool, but bulky oil can shaped packaging, and I'm pretty impressed.  Great "Shell" scheme, which looks great with my Tomicarama Shell gas station diorama background, but I had no idea it did this:

hot wheels vw microbus shell pump services

hot wheels vw microbus shell 100%

hot wheels vw microbus shell oil can

Game.  Over.





No comments:

Post a Comment