Sunday, December 20, 2015

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N07b Toyota Corolla 1500GL

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N07b Toyota Corolla 1500GL

I got this on Japan Booster Black Friday sale for $28.49.  

I've always liked this car, since I was a kid.  I was digging this beige color too for some unknown reason.  I already have this in white, but for bargain price of under $30, I was happy to score one in beige.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/crosssea222/m.html?item=272057232320&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

tomica limited vintage

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N07b Toyota Corolla 1500GL

tlv

tlv LV-N07b Toyota Corolla 1500GL

I think I hyped it up too much in my mind.  Don't get me wrong, it's still cool, but not "$50" great, the price it normally fetches online.  


5 comments:

  1. Hmm, so that is the infamous TLV Corolla? I have to agree with you, the quality doesn't seem to be anything worth writing home about, not for 50 whole bucks that is. 20 or 30, like the bargain price you paid, is a more fitting value for it, popularity or not. Even the Civic TLV casting has more reasons to be worth $50 than this car, regardless of age...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To be fair, when it was released, it probably was less than $10. Certainly worth that in my opinion. I just don't get the high demand in the secondary market.

      Delete
    2. Neither do I, to be honest... The casting lacks any special features that would make a TLV high-value (history, special edition status or popularity), and it is not the highest quality casting within the classic TLV line so I simply don't get it. 10 to 20 bucks seems to be a far fairer value range for it.

      Delete
    3. Perhaps they are REALLY popular in Asia. Who knows. lol

      Delete
    4. That would be the only logical justification, haha. It is the longest-running car in the world, after all... Maybe it's tied to that, who knows indeed?

      Delete