Saturday, December 26, 2015

Johnny Lightning Ghostbusters "Attack of Mr. Stay Puft!" Diorama Update: Now also feat. "Vigo's Fortress of Slime" set from 2017

What a treat for us today.  Very coveted release from JL, a diorama of a classic scene from a classic movie.  My cohort in 1/64 diecast collecting, Jarrod(aka Spacegoat on GTPlanet) was kind enough to provide the pictures for this post.  I wish I had this set.  I think we all do, but we don't.  So special thanks to Jarrod for taking the time, and letting us check out this very cool JL release.  :)

Johnny Lightning Ghostbusters

Johnny Lightning Ghostbusters diorama

Johnny Lightning Ghostbusters diorama

I never realized how detailed this set was.  Beautiful.

Johnny Lightning Ghostbusters diorama

Johnny Lightning Ghostbusters diorama


I grew up in the 80's.  When this film came out, I think I was in 4th, or 5th grade.  I LOVED the Ghostbusters.  Movie was perfect, that hit song was perfect, but I probably liked the Cadillac hearse/ambulance even more.  Growing up in Japan, I had never seen that style of awesome before.  lol

Again, big thank you to Jarrod.  You can see some of his collection on Flickr, or GTPlanet.

Update - I got a JL Ghostbusters diorama of my own!!

As some of you know, along with the revival of the Johnny Lightning brand, they've been re-releasing some of their classic castings & other releases.  One of them has been much coveted Ghostbusters diorama.... now named "Vigo's Fortress of Slime".  Check out the new set, compare with the original diorama above:

Johnny Lightning Ghostbusters  diorama Vigo's Fortress of Slime

Johnny Lightning Ghostbusters  diorama  2017

Johnny Lightning Ghostbusters  diorama

Johnny Lightning Ghostbusters  diorama

Johnny Lightning Ghostbusters  diorama Vigo's Fortress of Slime  2017 rerelease


This is exciting.  I finally have a piece I could potentially trade with my buddy Jarrod, so he can send me his diorama for mine!!  :p



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks man! That Crown Vic police cruiser's pretty sweet.

      Delete
    2. What set!
      Nice pics Jarrod ;)
      The JL dioramas are all extremly desirables, but too much expensive...
      I have only one... that I opened (the Austin Powers diorama)!

      Delete
    3. Did you ever make a post on this Austin Powers set Bertrand? I've never seen that one.

      Delete
    4. No, not yet...
      When I say that I am late... Delay that accumulates ! ><

      Delete
    5. lol Well, I hope it happens. Already looking forward to that one! :)

      Delete