Friday, October 16, 2015

RAI'S Nissan Skyline GT-R BNR34 Saitama Prefecture Express Way Patrol Unit Vehicle



rai's nissan skyline gt-r r34


My only second RAI'S car.....  But I discovered something I didn't know about these cars before.  In my RX-8 post, I mentioned how the production was limited to just 800 vehicles.  So is this Skyline.  Odd though, right?  In the post, I also touched on how RAI'S advertise how they are 1/43 makers.  How do they make 800 of just one casting & expect to make any profit?

In my head, I assumed that this was a Greenlight tactic.  Greenlight make one Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor casting.......  Then they put 100 different police department names & paint job on them to sell them in hundred different releases, even as taxis!  

I was wrong.  It's on the bottom, see for yourself:

rai's are kyosho casting
Left: RX-8    Right: R34

rai's name on kyosho base casting

I'm not gonna lie, I was very surprised!  RAI'S 1/64 cars are based on Kyosho castings! I still like RAI'S a lot.  I guess you could say that, they are like Kyosho, but with extra detail, or effort.  I'm not a police car collector, but they are reall cool every now & then.  Pics.  :)

rai's nissan skyline gt-r r34

rai's nissan skyline gt-r r34

rai's r34

rai's nissan skyline gt-r r34

rai's nissan skyline gt-r r34

rai's r34

rai's nissan skyline gt-r r34

rai's nissan skyline gt-r r34

I hope you enjoyed this episode of the Twilight Zone, and here's one more for the road:

rai's 1/64 rx-8 r34 skyline kyosho police











2 comments:

  1. That's information! And I love the Twilight Zone, hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little touch of pop culture there. I'm glad you liked the reference. lol

      Delete