Friday, October 30, 2015

Kyosho Original Ferrari F40 GTE

We all read/heard how Bbruago/Maisto was getting the exclusive rights to sell Ferrari casting?  How come I can still buy this Kyosho from Japan, brand new?

kyosho ferrari f40 gte

kyosho ferrari f40 gte

kyosho ferrari license rights

Another interesting tidbit:  It's been said in the U.S. that when Mattel owned the Ferrari rights, Kyosho had to make their 1/64 Ferraris require some assembly to bypass Mattel's exclusive license to sell Ferrari diecasts.  This Kyosho F40 I got today, it's already put together, dude.  No assembly rquired.

There is a claim on Japanese Wikipedia that says that Kyosho was allowed to sell Ferrari minicars before, because they were the official importer of Mattel cars in Japan.  They also agreed not to compete with Mattel's cars in their price bracket.  Which information is correct/incorrect, I have no idea.  Very little information on the net.

Maybe Kyosho's in bed now with Bburago/Maisto, who knows.  Pics:

kyosho ferrari f40 gte

kyosho ferrari f40 gte

kyosho ferrari f40 gte

kyosho ferrari f40 gte

kyosho ferrari f40 gte

kyosho ferrari f40 gte

I'd rather have the stock F40 by Kyosho($$$), but man, this one is pretty nice!  Testarossa & F40 are my two favorite Ferraris.  I have Testarossa by Kyosho & now I kinda have the F40, too.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment