Saturday, August 8, 2015

Tomica Limited Vintage: LV-102a Mazda Familia Van Patrol Car + LV-23c Hino RB10 Keioh Electric Railway

tomica limited vintage

More old pics(not a pun) of my favorite TLVs.  I think they are spelled Keio now, but it's the Keioh Hino bus.  On that day, last July, it seems that I also received the Mazda Familia police van.  I've touched on this before, but it seems that stationwagons were often regarded as "vans" in Japan back in the day(I recall it from my childhood).  

Tomica Limited Vintage: LV-102a Mazda Familia Van Patrol Car + LV-23c Hino RB10 Keioh Electric Railway


Familia is awesome.  This line of compact still continues to this day.  In my time, they were also called Mazda 323, Protege, and now Mazda 3 in the U.S.  It was called "Familia" in Japan for the longest time, but it has been named "Axela" over there since 2003.  More like "Suxela" if you ask me.  New car's awesome, but so was the old name. 

Tomica Limited Vintage: LV-102a Mazda Familia Van Patrol Car

Tomica Limited Vintage: LV-102a Mazda Familia Van Patrol Car rear back

Fittingly, the first post since the 70th Anniversary of the Hiroshima Bombing, although coincidentally, featured this police car from Hiroshima Prefecture.  It also happened to be a Mazda.  Only company I know that was founded in Hiroshima.  Moving on....

I grew up in a town inside Yokohama, but I actually spent WAY more time in Downtown Tokyo than Downtown Yokohama.  While my favorite is still the Tokyu bus from my town, I also did like these Keioh buses I used to see in Tokyo with strikingly different looks.

LV-23c Hino RB10 Keioh tomica limited vintage bus

tomica bus

tomica limited vintage hino bus keio

Anywho, I hope you enjoyed the odd couple.

tomica bus police car




  

No comments:

Post a Comment