Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Jada JDM Tuners - NOT 1/64

I love the JDM vehicle selections from this series.  I am a Supra fanboy.  Having said that, lot of sellers are advertising these as 1/64 scale cars & I finally, finally, finally ran into some at Target yesterday?

Ignore this first photo & go to the second pic.

Jada JDM Tuners not 1/64

In person, this is closer to what I saw.  If Supra was the size of the Chevy Suburban, it maybe close to 1/64.  It was huge, but I have handful of Jada stuff & that maybe typical for them.  Too bad, because I didn't pick up any.

Jada JDM Tuners not 1/64

I'm pretty sure way more kids & collectors want it in 1/64 than the numbers of kids & collectors who wants it in this mystery scale.  I hope Jada comes around someday & start making way more money.  They got the cars right, they just need to go with the winning size!  ;)

2 comments:

  1. You are totally right. Jada advertises these as 1/64 scale but they are nowhere near the 1/64 of Hotwheels, Matchbox, and Tomica. It is closer to 1/52 scale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And they've been at it for sometime. I've had Jada castings in the past, some really neat ones, but they are all oversized.

      Same can be said about M2's, but I was surprised to see their JDM 510/Bluebird arrive in same exact size as the TLV Bluebird.

      http://minicarpics.blogspot.com/2017/08/m2-vs-tlv-nissan-bluebird-m2-walmart.html

      I once had M2 designer comment on this blog before, so maybe he took notice of the TLVs(okay, bit more likely he saw it on Lambley Blog lol).

      Delete