Saturday, August 20, 2016

CUSTOM: Tomica Limited Vintage LV-122a Mazda T2000 Enou Environmental Maintenance Vacuum Truck/マツダ T2000 衛生車 江能環境整備 by Joe Kanno/NDZM23


Mazda T2000 Vacuum Car.  I've had my eyes on this casting for while.  For those of you not really familiar with vacuum trucks, they are basically smelly trucks that comes around to sucks up out of septic tanks, etc. when they need to be emptied.  TLV features postal vehicles, emergency vehicles, garbage trucks, etc.  Why not the dirtiest working vehicles of all, eh?  lol

Anyway.  Before I got the chance to buy a nice & clean stock one like seen in pic below, I came across the custom version by none other than this man: NDZM23 aka Joe KANNO.  I've been a fan of his work after seeing them on Twitter.  I had even purchased one of his customs before, from Japan using a proxy service.

Well, while this squeaky clean(and bit plasticky) example would've been really nice too, I was lucky enough to win the auction for the custom version instead.  Enjoy the pics!


Tomica Limited Vintage LV-122a Mazda T2000 Enou  Vacuum

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-122a Mazda T2000 Enou Vacuum truck

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-122a

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-122a Mazda T2000 Enou Vacuum truck

tlv tlv-122a mazda t2000 vacuum custom Joe Kanno NDZM23

custom tomica limited vintage hot wheels custom Joe Kanno NDZM23

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-122a Mazda T2000

1/64 hot wheels tomica diorama

tomicarama

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-122a Mazda T2000 Enou Vacuum truck

tomica limited vintage

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-122a マツダ T2000 衛生車 江能環境整備

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-122a マツダ T2000 衛生車 江能環境整備

The weathered wear, rust effect is amazing on this TLV.  It's crazy how I actually got this one cheap.  I've seen the normal stock one on eBay from Japan Booster for $30?  My total cost for the custom added up to just below $45, shipped.  Unbelievable deal considering that includes the casting, masterful custom job, shipping from the seller to package forwarder, forwarder fees & another shipping from them to me in the U.S.  I was really lucky.

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-122a マツダ T2000 衛生車 江能環境整備

Good news!!  NDZM23 is working on opening up an online store.  With him, it's not just the weathering, or rust effect on Tomicas.  I've seen him do lowering, also Hot Wheels customs & they are all very stylish & high quality.  I don't know about you, but I was very excited by the news!  :) 

We'll be sure to provide the link as soon as his online shop is operational!


5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Me, too. Here I am, I can't even install the rear spoiler correctly on the TLV Skyline! lol

      Delete
  2. Hi there! Nice stuff, do keep me posted when you post again something like this!
    vacuum truck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe made a really great job with this one.
    I hope i can buy from him at a near future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. I like any customs of his in general, but this one looked to me like a one of a kind. :)

      Delete