Sunday, August 7, 2016

Hot Wheels "Classic" Ghostbusters Set feat. Ecto-1 & Ecto-1A

Hot Wheels "Classic" Ghostbusters  Ecto-1 & Ecto-1A

I've been hoping to find the Ecto-1(left) from the Hot Wheels Retro Entertainment series, but when I found this combo set with Ecto-1 from the first movie & the Ecto-1A from the Ghostbusters II, I was there.  I got this at Walmart few weeks ago & I believe it was about $10.

Hot Wheels Ghostbusters  Ecto-1  retro entertainment

Hot Wheels Ghostbusters  Ecto-1

Hot Wheels Ghostbusters  Ecto-1

Hot Wheels Ghostbusters  Ecto-1

Hot Wheels Ghostbusters  Ecto-1

Hot Wheels Ghostbusters  Ecto-1a

Hot Wheels Ghostbusters  Ecto-1a retro entertainment

johnny lightning Ghostbusters  Ecto-1a

Hot Wheels Ghostbusters  Ecto-1a  retro

Hot Wheels Ghostbusters  Ecto-1a

Hot Wheels Ghostbusters  Ecto-1a  rlc

To be totally honest, I think I prefer the mainline Ecto-1?  Mainlines are the standard Hot Wheels that are typically sold for $1 in the States.  Coincidentally, the collector named Jason(R1600Turbo from GTPlanet) whose tip led me to finding this set, years ago, he also helped me with the original mainline Ecto-1(offer to ship me one free!).  Another reminder how helpful collector communities are to one another, and how valuable intel exchanges can be.  

4 comments:

  1. I have both Retro Entertainment releases of the regular Ecto-1 (plus the cartoon version) but I was never able to find the Ecto-1A, so I was hoping I could find this two-pack to remedy this but I don't know if Mattel is shipping the Entertainment 2-packs to Canada at all because I'm not seeing them anywhere in Ottawa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tip I got was to check not where the hot wheels are inside Walmart toy section, but where they sold the "Ghosbusters" toys. Sure enough, I found bunch of these two-packs with other Ghostbusters stuff, right next to Power Rangers & Transformers. lol

      The two-pack featured here were gone within days though. Eventually, I saw restock with the different two-pack featuring the new Ecto & Harley bike from the latest Ghostbusters.

      Anyway, next time checking, don't forget to look in the toy figure section. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. What car is parking inside the "Shell Service"-Box??

    Is it a Bristol??

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are referring to the white coupe in the box, it's the F-Toys Isuzu Bellett. It is featured in here(blue in this post): https://minicarpics.blogspot.com/2017/03/a-horror-show-f-toys-japanese-classic.html

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete