Thursday, May 5, 2016

CUSTOM: Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N54a Nissan Skyline Van 1600 Deluxe Early Vers. by Joe Kanno/NDZM23

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N54a Nissan Skyline Van 1600 Deluxe

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N54a Nissan Skyline Van 1600 Deluxe

For the longest time I've been interested in custom TLVs.  Years ago, I saw a lowered TLV Civic on eBay & I was more than impressed.  

custom lowered tlv Tomica limited vintage


At the time, I wasn't even a TLV collector, so high price scared me off from even considering a bid on the auction.  I want to say that it went for about $60.  "What a joke!" I thought at the time.  This Skyline, in the end, I had spent about $55.  It had to come from Japanese auction, so there was domestic shipping within Japan, fees for proxy purchaser, international packaging forwarding service fee, etc.  All in all, I was very happy with all services involved.....  What about the car?  You be the judge.  It's lowered & features rust effect, etc.  

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N54a Nissan Skyline Van 1600 Deluxe

lowered tomica limited vintage custom Joe Kanno NDZM23

custom hot wheels

rusted hot wheels

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N54a Nissan Skyline Van 1600 Deluxe

lowered tomica limited vintage custom custom Joe Kanno NDZM23 rust

LV-N54a

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N54a Nissan Skyline Van 1600 Deluxe

tlv Nissan Skyline Van

Shinagawa plates are plus(I'm originally from near there).

custom tlv lowered rusted tomica

I follow this customizer on Twitter, and I recommend checking out his work.  High style, high quality cars.  Lots of pics here:

3 comments:

  1. I remember you posting that pic of the Civic at the time. Feels like such a long ago! lol

    Anyway, Skyline van is awesome. The rust effect is perfectly done. Sweet score! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jarrod! And yes, it really was long time ago. As we matured, we've become lot more reckless with our wallets when it comes to these toy cars. Pretty sure we are doing it wrong.

      :p

      Delete