Sunday, July 3, 2016

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N22b Honda Ballade CR-X Si + LV-N124a CR-X 1.5i('83)

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N22b Honda Ballade CR-X  LV-N124a

These recent CR-X releases from TLV has been bittersweet for me.  On one hand, they are fantastic casting.  It's definitely the case of more the merrier.  However, at the same time, they take bit away from my old, prized CR-X; The 5th Anniversary release LV-N22b CR-X Si(w/gray tutone, not silver).  This car was so hard to find.  

*Cool Story Bro Alert*

At the time I was looking for the LV-N22b "Si", going rate was over $100, but you couldn't even find the thing if you lived in the U.S.  I had Japan Booster helping me, but I was advised that I stay patient & wait, because of the said going rate of $100+.  With Japanese market pricing going crazy, I was told that Japan Booster will able to supply one as soon as the market value dropped down to normal.  

I was skeptical, but they were right.  Pricing did come down & Japan Booster have offered them on their eBay store several times since.  

So where did my "5th Anniversary" CR-X come from & why is it in a blemished box?  Lamley Blog to the rescue, that's why.  John from the Lamley Group saw couple of these TLV CR-Xs at Japanese Classic Car Show he was helping out in & long story short, he got me one for $70, shipped!(Thank you SO MUCH, John)

I just eBay searched the "sold" results & there was just one listing of the car recently.  It was Japan Booster & went for just $41(!).  Still, mine came from JCCS by the ways of Lamley & at the time when the car was impossible to find, so I'm very happy with my $70 CR-X.  :D

 *End Cool Story Bro*


 When I first saw the Tomytec stock photo of the new red/silver CR-X(LV-N124a), I couldn't easily tell the difference between my 5th Anniverasry CR-X & this one.  Tutone on one is dark gray, silver on the other.  Duh.  I realize this now.  Anywho, side-by-side:

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N22b Honda Ballade CR-X Si   LV-N124a CR-X 1.5i

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N22b Honda Ballade CR-X Si

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO  Honda Ballade  LV-N124a CR-X 1.5i

tlv cr-x crx

Now just the LV-N124a(new release):

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO     LV-N124a CR-X 1.5i

    LV-N124a

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N22b Honda Ballade CR-X Si   LV-N124a CR-X 1.5i

 tlv  LV-N124a CR-X 1.5i

Tomica Limited Vintage    LV-N124a CR-X 1.5i

Tomica Limited Vintage   Honda Ballade    LV-N124a CR-X 1.5i

My beloved Lamley CR-X(LV-N22b):

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N22b Honda Ballade CR-X Si

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N22b Honda Ballade CR-X Si

LV-N22b

Tomica Limited Vintage  LV-N22b Honda Ballade CR-X Si

tlv LV-N22b Honda Ballade CR-X Si

Some of you may remember me crying about this spoiler on the new CR-X.  This one came installed.

Tomica     Honda  CR-X

tomica limited vintage crx

I did a in-hand shot again.  Looks cool with detailed cars.  :D
Tomica Limited Vintage NEO  LV-N124a honda CR-X 1.5i

No comments:

Post a Comment