Saturday, July 16, 2016

Hot Wheels Car Culture Series - Japan Historics: Nissan Skyline HT 2000GT-X, Toyota 2000GT, '71 Datsun 510 Wagon & Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R Kenmeri Police

hot wheels bluebird wagon japan historics

hot wheels japan


So I have the Mazda RX-3 posted by itself here.  RX-3 by far was my favorite.  I'm not the biggest fan of 510 wagons by Hot Wheels, but it's my second favorite in the series.  I doubt it'll touch the $uper Treasure version, or the TLV wagon, but it's still cool.

Skyline & 2000GT were 'meh' for me.  Still quite an upgrade over the other Hot Wheels premium line I've been seeing which were consistently "ugh", or "zzz....".

First the Skyline:

Hot Wheels Car Culture Series - Japan Historics: Nissan Skyline HT 2000GT-X

Hot Wheels  Japan Historics Nissan Skyline hakosuka

Hot Wheels  Japan Historics  hakosuka

Hot Wheels  Japan Historics Nissan Skyline hakosuka

Toyota 2000 GT

Hot Wheels  Japan Historics toyota 2000gt

Very bumpy/grainy looking surface painted in green.

Hot Wheels  Japan Historics toyota 2000gt

Hot Wheels yellow toyota 2000gt

510 Wagon:

Hot Wheels  Japan Historics datsun 510 wagon

Hot Wheels  Japan Historics datsun 510 wagon

Hot Wheels  black datsun 510 wagon

Hot Wheels  Japan Historics datsun 510 wagon

Hot Wheels  Japan Historics

My favorite angle.  Great looking rims & tires.

Last one: Kenmeri Police.....  I think this one had the potential to be the best in the series, but in my opinion, it lacked couple of things.  First the good:  Great casting & killer rims/tires.

Hot Wheels  Japan Historics skyline kenmeri police

Hot Wheels  Japan Historics skyline 2000 gt-r police

Hot Wheels  Japan Historics skyline kenmeri police

Now the two points deducted:  1) Whenever the roof mounted police light's missing, you deduct a point for that.  Those things cost money to produce, I understand, I still deduct a point.  2) White fender flares.  See the shot with the Tomica counterpart for example.  To those who are familiar with Japanese "patrol cars"(Japanese name for police cars, 'patocar' for short), breaks/gaps those white fender flares create are strange sight.

Hot Wheels  Japan Historics skyline kenmeri police tomica
Click here for the Tomica Kenmeri patrol car.

It'd been nice if Mattel actually had better distribution channels to get these to your local stores($4 a car).  I check a lot of stores, many different chains & I witnessed exactly one casting(Kenmeri Skyline police).  It was defective, so I left it.  Many collectors paid the markup & shipping from online resellers.

No comments:

Post a Comment