Friday, July 8, 2016

Hot Wheels Car Culture Series - Japan Historics - Mazda RX-3

Hot Wheels Car Culture Series - Japan Historics - Mazda RX-3

RX-3 is a car I didn't even know existed while growing up in Japan(80's).  I knew of & liked the RX-7, but WTH is RX-3?  Very surprisingly, when I moved to the Pacific Northwest in the U.S., gearheads were very familiar with the RX-3.  Apparently somebody raced it locally back in the day & it was a record breaking car(1/4 mile or something I dunno).

Hot Wheels Car Culture Series - Japan Historics - Mazda RX-3
See the rest of the cars here.

Hot Wheels   Mazda RX-3

I have to say, I love the proportion of this casting.  It's rounded just right, paint & livery looks good.  I wish it had bit more detail with painted lamps, but it's probably asking a lot from a $3.50 car.  For lot of collectors, myself included, we had no chance finding these in local stores.  Between lack of distribution & other collectors, hoarders/scalpers, I spent lot of time & I found exactly "one" Kenmeri Skyline police car.  It had defective front end, so I left it, just like the guy before me.  *tear*

I finally got a set when fellow collector from GTPlanet helped us out finding a set for little over $30(shipped).  So thankful, because with all the boring premiums Hot Wheels brand's been pumping out in their premium line releases like Cool Classics(gags), Pop Culture retread(rolls eyes), Heritage(bangs head on wall), this first in the "Car Culture" series in my opinion is a success.  Anywho, rant over.  I'm posting my favorite of the set first:  Savannah(JDM name) RX-3

Hot Wheels   Mazda RX-3

Hot Wheels  Japan Historics

  Japan Historics  Mazda RX-3

Hot Wheels savannah Mazda RX-3

Hot Wheels   Japan Historics  RX-3

No comments:

Post a Comment