Saturday, July 8, 2017

Thank You Crumple Zone - Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N151a 1998 Nissan Skyline GT-R 40th Anniversary Autech Version

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N151a 1998 Nissan Skyline GT-R Autech Version 40th Anniversary

Thank you United States Postal Service.  My shipment from AmiAmi containing TLVs & other goodies made couple of detours thanks to USPS, and after I finally "negotiated" the package away from my local post office(they couldn't find the package first couple of requests), what you see in the pic is how some of the contents looked inside the package.  I'm just glad the car was okay inside, you should see the Spark Rothmans Porsche 956(next up).

Tomica Limited Vintage   Nissan Skyline Autech

Controversy 2!  

Above is how the car looks in real life.  I knew nothing about the car, but "Autech" in the name suggested that this Skyline was some aftermarket tuned version, so I was interested.  Until I saw this pic online:

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N151a   Nissan Skyline   Autech

WTF.  And as some of you know, I have a problem with TLV's glitter-like paint job.  I mean look at the above pic of the real life car, its paint job, then the TLV version.  1/1 version has beautiful, smooth metallic paint job.  Now the paint on the 1/64 TLV car..... gross, but I digress.

Anywho, I saw this post on GTPlanet by GroupB, and it really changed my mind enough to do a u-turn on the decision to shop this car again.  I'm glad he changed my mind:

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N151a 1998 Nissan Skyline GT-R Autech Version 40th Anniversary

Rear detailing was little bit better than what we saw in the stock photo of the TLV's demo.  It's now easily one of my favorite TLVs.  I'm just sorry that box is all smashed.  :(

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N151a  Nissan Skyline GT-R Autech Version 40th Anniversary

Tomica Limited Vintage  Nissan Skyline GT-R Autech

Tomica Limited Vintage  LV-N151a   Nissan Skyline GT-R Autech

Tomica Limited Vintage   Skyline   Autech

Tomica Limited Vintage    Skyline  r33

Tomica Limited Vintage  LV-N151a  Nissan Skyline GT-R Autech

Tomica Limited Vintage  LV-N151a  Nissan Skyline GT-R Autech  r33

Tomica Limited Vintage  Nissan Skyline r33

God, those rims amirite.

4 comments:

  1. Tire's width looks smaller, but overall this autech is awesome.. I hown this car and police car version as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went with those two as well. Definitely one of the better TLVs! :)

      Delete
  2. I think the paint might of just been the same paint as the real cars used, explains how the paint is glittery. It would be impossible to get scale accurate metallic paint.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why they bother, but I've read that TLV mix the paint to recreate metallic paint job, according to scale. While I have lot of respect for Tomytec/TLV, I think their metallic paint(I call them "glitter") are some fo the worst. :(

      Delete