Thursday, February 22, 2018

Caught off guard! - onemodel 1/64 Resin Honda Civic Mugen RR

So I'm browsing amiami, and I see attractive red Civic at the top of the best selling list on amiami.com.  It's a Mugen Civic, but not really my type.  It's by a company called.... onemodel?

onemodel 1/64  Civic

I almost preorder one(release date says "to be determined), but it's like $40!(U.S.).  1999.co.jp/Hobby Search was bit cheaper($35 & change), but I'm not familiar with their shipping situation.  Their site says these cars are handmade & the first 1/64 scale model by onemodel.  Amiami website has zero info, but the shipping's CHEAP, and both sites has these stock photos while noting it is resin:

one model 1/64 Resin Honda Civic Mugen RR

onemodel 1/64

onemodel 1/64  Civic

I can't even find "onemodel" website.  Some googling led to these Facebook posts:


I think CS-Models is probably the onemodel?  Seriously though, these varying scale Mugen Civic shot's pretty cool:

onemodel cs-model mugen civic 1/64



I passed.  1) Price.  $40 + Shipping.  2) Generally a JDM fan, but this Civic just don't do anything for me.  *shrug*

Overall, I don't know about $40, but the quality looks decent, even considering the price?  If you like this car, I'd say go for it. Just not for me.  

2 comments:

  1. This mugen fd2 is a must have for honda fans. The resin material made it more expensive compared to others. It's also very detailed and it comes with a very nice packaging looks premium like an iphone. Another option would be inno64 typeR fd2. Their latest white casting release is not as nice as the onemodel but comparable and cost half the price

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point about the resin. It's for sure a premium & very cool one at that. Especially in 1/64 scale.

      Delete