Friday, May 26, 2017

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N148a Premium Edition 2017 Nissan GT-R

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-N148a Premium Edition 2017 Nissan GT-R

Like lot of people, I'm getting bit tired of Nissan GT-R minicars.  At the same time, there's no denying that Nissan GT-Rs are one of the best castings TLV has to offer.  2017 update looked interesting enough & this orange paint looked cool too, so I did preorder one.

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-N148a Premium Edition 2017 Nissan GT-R

First, I really like this casting.  Glad I got one.  Same time, there's been couple of things that were brought up by fellow collector GroupB on GTPlanet.  First one was the front license plate.  It's not as bad on mine, but you can definitely see where they made an unclean cut at the bottom of the plate.  Noticeable in this blog's typical macro shots.  Not much of a issue to naked eye.

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-N148a   2017 Nissan GT-R

tlv 2017 nissan gt-r

  LV-N148a

Tomica Limited Vintage 2017 Nissan GT-R

tlv nissan gtr r35

Tomica Limited Vintage  17 Nissan GT-R

Second issue brought up was the mismatching paint on the rear spoiler to rest of the body.  In this shot, you can tell that both finishes feature sparkle, but to the naked eye, they were not noticeable on the spoiler.  Not a deal breaker for me though.

Tomica Limited Vintage

Tomica Limited Vintage neo  LV-N148a   2017 Nissan GT-R

I tried, but couldn't do these wheels justice.  I'm not kidding when I say that this is one of the best wheels I've ever seen in 1/64 scale.  I also failed to capture the brake rotor & neatly painted calipers, but they are there.  It's pretty impressive.

tomica limited vintage 2017 nissan gt-r orange

All in all, highly recommended purchase.  Even with those couple of flaws.  :)

4 comments:

  1. Is there a reason why TLV won't make the R32, R33, and R34 GTRs, or they simply don't want to?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Depending on what type of car fan you are, this can be a good thing, or bad. I'd to lean towards "good", because TLV tend to avoid mainstream in general, and covers unique models other brands don't even pay attention to.

      On the downside, I'm still waiting for Kenmeri GT-R from TLV, so there you go. lol

      Delete
    2. Oh hey, thanks for the reply. True, only now do I discover "nostalgic" models like Cedrics, Laurels, Crowns, and the like. I do like them, more so than before, because of TLV.

      But me being a huge fan of R34 GTRs, sometimes I tend to hope they would release at least a few r34 GTR models, or maybe an M-spec since that rarely gets attention, compared to the V-spec cars.


      Also I must say that I frequent your blog, good job and keep up the posts.

      Delete
    3. Hey, thank you for checking out the blog. Tomytec does a good job with these TLVs, and we aren't alone with our TLV wishlists. lol They've gone considerably mainline last maybe couple of years, so hang in there. I'm sure my Kenmeri GT-R's coming someday, too. :D

      Delete