Sunday, November 8, 2015

Auto World Modern Muscle: 2015 Ford Mustang GT(Great Trainwreck)

auto world 2015 ford mustang gt

Initially, I was very excited to see Auto World release their 2015 Mustang.  Auto World do a very fine job.  Arguably, TLV(Tomica Limited Vintage) is the finest 1/64 cars from a major label, and arguably, Auto World is the closest mainstream American 1/64 cars to TLV quality.  

Early on, because I'm a cheap shopper, I kept missing the opportunities to get one of these(not to mention my super long "want" list).  Then one day, I saw some detailed shots of this car.  *barf*  There was no way I was going to buy this Auto World car online & pay shipping on top of it.

Well, this week, it finally showed up in my local Walmart, and you will see what I mean:

auto world 2015 ford mustang gt

Opening hood absolutely ruined the front end, and while their execution on the taillights are pretty amazing..........  what happened to the headlights?  EPIC FAIL.  I don't know how else to put it.

auto world 2015 ford mustang gt

auto world 2015 ford mustang gt

auto world 2015 ford mustang gt

auto world 2015 ford mustang gt

auto world 2015 ford mustang gt

I love & hate this casting.  They did too well to fail so miserably in the front-end.  I also don't understand why companies like Auto World & Greenlight still spend their resources on opening hoods.

auto world 2015 ford mustang gt

To me, they are neat to see once in awhile, but too often, they hurt the overall look of the casting.[/negativenancy]




No comments:

Post a Comment