Sunday, May 19, 2019

Tomica Mooneyes Collection


When I used to actively collect Hot Wheels & minicars, this is one of the sets I had laid my eyes on.  I had forgotten all about it until I saw this tweet from the Japanese collector I know.  Awesome frigging box!  

Tomica Mooneyes Collection

Tomica Mooneyes Glory rod gloria

Little bit underwhelmed?  Well, in my view & F60 mentions this in one of his tweets as well, but it's a surprise in itself to see a set like this from Tomica.  Recently, a mainline Matchbox featured Mooneyes livery, and I was bit taken by that one as well.  In 1/64 genre, when I think of "Mooneyes", it's all Hot Wheels & M2 Machines.  Anywho, this part is the real treat.  This set, out of the box:

Tomica Mooneyes skyline nissan
 "Skyline"

Tomica Mooneyes toyota bb scion xb
 "bB"(Scion xB in the U.S.)

Tomica Mooneyes datsun truck pickup
"Datsun Truck"

Tomica Mooneyes nissan gloria
"Glory Rod - Gloria"

Tomica Mooneyes set

Special thanks to @F60  You can checkout hit Twitter account full of hot wheels & minicars here.  He collects EVERYTHING.  No wonder we get along.  :D

 If you like Mooneyes livery, try using the search box on the top left corner of this page, too.  I'm sure I have few cool Mooneyes vehicles in this blog.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment