Sunday, November 29, 2020

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-185a('73) & LV-185b('76) Mazda Porter Cab "一方開"(READ LOL)

tlv tomica
Not a full-time blogger anymore, just a slacker pants. Prelude will have to wait for another day......


 If you are hardcore TLV collector, you have noticed & wondered what the heck a "一方開" is, which appears after the Mazda Porter Cab title on the box.  "一方" means one side, one way, etc.  "開" means "open".  One way open?  One side open?  Door opens, but won't close or something?

Well, I had to Google it.  Lot of these light trucks(kei-tora), they have not only the tailgate, but also the side panels dropped open?(turning it into a flatbed)  With this truck, only "one side" dropped open.  The tailgate.  The more you know.


tomica limited vintage figures accessories

Figures & accessories.  Yes. 

tomica limited vintage figures accessories

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-185a  LV-185b Mazda Porter Cab

I'm a big fan of TLV's T360 casting.  These Mazda Porter Cabs are amazing.  With the plastic, resin or whatever both headlights & taillights, detailing & assembly does beat out the T360's.  Instant classics for me.

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-185a  LV-185b Mazda Porter Cab

Tomica Limited Vintage  Mazda Porter Cab

Tomica Limited Vintage  LV-185b Mazda Porter Cab

Tomica Limited Vintage  Mazda Porter Cab

Tomica Limited Vintage  Mazda Porter Cab pickup truck

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-185a  LV-185b Mazda Porter Cab

Why carry spare tire when you can carry the complete spare truck!  Sorry, they just fit.  :p


Tomica Limited Vintage

Tomica Limited Vintage Mazda Porter Cab

Tomica Limited Vintage

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-185a  LV-185b Mazda Porter Cab


Tomica Limited Vintage LV-185a  LV-185b Mazda Porter Cab

Tomica Limited Vintage LV-185a  LV-185b Mazda Porter Cab

Tomica Limited Vintage Mazda Porter Cab

Well done Tomytec.  :D



 

5 comments:

  1. Nice pictures, especially the Tetris ones ;)

    Care to tell me what you use as a photo background?

    Btw, I just bought a red HotWheels Erikenstein for my son.
    So glad at least one of my boys loves cars, this way I can buy one of these models cars now and then ;)

    For my older son I'd need a Titanic model but they seem to be unobtainium in that size. Got him a 10cm cruis ship but no detailed Titanic out there...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The background is just a silver poster board I picked up at local craft store.

    On the Titanic, maybe invest in a plastic model? Growing up in Japan, I saw some really cool... well, everything from ships to planes in plastic model kits. And of course, they are as realistic as you are willing to put the work in & make it.

    Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, models... Those take so much time :P
      I just ordered a Titanic from China, we'll see about it.
      My wife got my son a clickable model pirate ship, I hope it's won't be me only to put it together.
      When I was 12-14 maybe I've built many model planes, is there something like that for cars? Of course I'd be more interested in building a red Mazda Atenza like my own but my Google tells me there's nothing like that :(

      Delete
    2. In the U.S., plastic models are dead! It's a rare treat to see them in stores anymore. Back in the day, plastic models were how I got "car" fix as a kid.

      These days, outside Japan, I can only think of eBay, or Japanese sites like amiami, hobby link japan, etc. for plastic model cars. :D

      Delete
    3. Yeah, I couldn't find so many myself.
      There are some ships bt to find a simple Titanic for my elder son was difficult already, not to mention something from Matchbox or so.
      Siku is making ships but not the Titanic, must be a licence thing.
      Aynways, we've built a simple Titanic together and got a Pirate's ship as a click model (no glue needed) so I wanted to make an Atenza. All I can get in a Miata but I want to build that one when I can drive one again ;)

      Delete