Friday, December 14, 2018

March 2019: Tomica Limited Vintage NEO Ferrari F40

UPDATE###Tomica Limited Vintage F40 Shortage Update + Possible Hack - READ MORE AT BOTTOM OF THE PAGE###UPDATE

tomica limited vintage ferrari f40

Finally that day is here.  The new 1/64 Ferrari F40.  I've coveted the Kyosho F40 for sometime.  Not the rough looking earlier model, but the later model(related post).  Unfortunately, so did other collectors.  Those things were no longer produced & always eluded me on eBay.  :(

Good news is that TLV is taking a crack at this beauty.  Bad news, perhaps is one of the reasons why I stopped actively collecting: Tomytec, in my opinion, they started pricing their TLVs to reflect the secondary market pricing(scalpers, eBay, etc.).  To me, TLV MSRP today are just flat out crazy.  Anyway, enough about conspiracy theories.

Here's a fun one.  By now, most collectors are aware of the Ferrari licensing & how Maisto/Bburago(May Cheong) bought out exclusive licensing, beating out the previous owner Mattel(really drove up the value of rare Hot Wheels Ferraris).  How did TLV manage?  Fine print at the bottom:

1/64 hot wheels bburago ferrari licensing

"Produced under license of  M.C.G.: Maisto and Bburago."  That'll do it.


  hot wheels bburago ferrari licensing maisto may cheong group

TLV MSRP is at $60, U.S.  Amiami preorder is just under $50(plus shipping).  Is it worth it?  For me, a F40 fanboy, whose top of the line F40 looks like this, I'm going to have to do it.  lol  I am passing on their Dinos though, also due in March.  When the Testarossa eventually come out, I'll most likely have to break the rule again.  My "other" favorite Ferrari(I do have the Kyosho in the case of Testarossa).  Pics from Tomytec page:

  hot wheels bburago ferrari licensing maisto may cheong group

tomica limited vintage neo ferrari f40

tomica limited vintage neo ferrari f40

tomica limited vintage neo ferrari f40

tomica limited vintage neo ferrari f40

Please don't **** it up like with the 787Bs.

P.S.  If you wish, check out the GTE version from the Kyosho Original series.  Slightly nicer than the Matchbox linked above.

kyosho ferrari f40

###UPDATE###

I've been reading about the shortage of now released TLV F40 within international community.  My go-to store amiami doesn't even list the TLV Ferraris anymore, while they had those cars for preorders.....  EXCEPT THEY ACTUALLY STILL DO:

tlv ferrari f40

AmiAmi(Japan)

tomica limited vintage neo ferrari f40

Rakuten(Japan)

Short answer:  Unless you use eBay, only sole alternative for most of us will be the package forwarding service.  For a fee & somewhat high shipping charge, there are services like Tenso who will receive your package in Japan for you, then reship to your home overseas.  There are exceptions, like Car Hobby Shop Answer, also on Rakuten Japan.  One of the few shops who will actually ship overseas.  I ordered the limited edition yellow TLV F40 from them & shipping was $20(EMS to US).  I was more than happy to pay.  Do the math.  Shop eBay, shop Japanese websites(amiami.jp, Rakuten) & forwarding services.  For beginners, I do still recommend eBay.  Buyer protection's pretty solid on eBay as long as you watch seller feedback record.

So why no shortage to be seen in Japan, at least online-wise, but so few F40s to be had in the international market?  I can't help but to think that it's Maisto/Bburago/Mae Cheong copyright restriction coming into play, lawyers telling exporters like amiami not to ship these items overseas.  Anyway, that's my observation & my conspiracy theory.  Happy collecting.  :)



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate the kind words as always. Thank you & I wish you a great week!

    ReplyDelete