Friday, September 9, 2016

Hot Wheels Gran Turismo cars at Walgreens

I believe the intel originated from the Lamley Blog?  I think it was Jason from the GTPlanet, who shared that the new Gran Turismo cars with real riders(rubber tires) were showing up at Walgreen drugstores.

I thought I'd check it out.... then couple weeks goes by.  XD  Well, I hit couple of Walgreens on the way home tonight, because one of the GTPlanet members posted his Gran Turismo hot wheels he got in the mail, and you know, peer pressure.  lol

When I visited the stores, fighting Friday traffic, I was expecting these:

hot wheels gran turismo

hot wheels gran turismo skyline gt-r

hot wheels gran turismo vision gt
Pics borrowed from Hot Wheels Collectors.

Neither stores had them.  One of the stores did have price tag on a peg for one, but no premium Gran Turismo cars with rubber tires.  Instead, I was greeted with these:

Store 1

hot wheels gran turismo

I think Store 2 had all Gran Turismo cars from the basic line(no rubber tires).  I picked up these(wish I grabbed another red R32, actually).

hot wheels gran turismo

They were $1 each.  Much cheaper than what I paid for these on eBay:  Ford GT  R32 Skyline GT-R

Random thought:  You know what would've been a sure winner for Hot Wheels in the Gran Turismo line, or just JDM in general?  Mitsubishi 3000GT/GTO.  GTFO!



No comments:

Post a Comment