Monday, January 4, 2016

Oversteer w/Interallied Mazda Atenza Wagon

In the last post, I raved about the Oversteer/Interallied Mazda Atenza Sedan.  Here's the model I bought with it.  The wagon in my favorite color for this model:  Blue Reflex Mica

oversteer mazda atenza wagon

This here is an exception.  I generally despise these black plastic bases that comes with higher-end 1/64 diecasts.  Japanese, American, I hate them all.  I have to say though, I see bases with style similar to this in 1/43 scale diecasts(also referred to 'minicars' in Japan), and I thought they looked nice.  I like it here with these Oversteer Mazdas, too.  Handsome bases.

oversteer mazda atenza blue reflex mica

oversteer mazda 6 wagon
 I think these 1/64 wheels & rotors are amongst the best in the business. 

oversteer mazda atenza wagon 64

oversteer mazda atenza wagon 1/64

oversteer mazda atenza wagon

oversteer mazda atenza wagon sedan 1/64

Together.  Again, go buy.




3 comments:

  1. I still say that you should've bought the wagon in Soul Red too; yes, Reflex Blue is definitely a good color, it wouldn't hurt to have a matching pair of beautiful Atenzas, haha.

    And to be honest, the base is rather nice; most companies do create some very cheap-looking bases which bring nothing good to their models and badly devalues their work. However, Oversteer adds in a good text layer which makes their car look as elegantas a larger 1:43 model like TSM Models, for exemple. In the special Mazda dealer set, it looks even better, as Mazda's own text font is used for the names in the bases, so the cars look even more professional. And boy do these cars deserve such a treatment...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, trust me when I say that I put some thought behind choosing the color. I got exactly what I wished for. :)

      Delete
    2. Well, nothing wrong with that, really. After all, when you buy a scale model car, you do so based on personal preferences. What looks good for one can be different for others, but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing... ;)

      Besides, the color takes nothing away from the beauty of the Atenza wagon. Mazda's Kodo design... it's a beautiful philosophy, in more ways that one.

      Delete