Thursday, August 13, 2015

Hot Wheels Oil Can(or Wheel/Tire?): Mooneyham & Sharp '34 Ford Coupe

hot wheels Mooneyham & Sharp '34 Ford Coupe oil can

hot wheels Mooneyham & Sharp '34 Ford Coupe


I'm not even sure which series this release is.  I've seen them listed as "oil can" when they come in these vintage oil can shaped packaging, but this one has wheel/tire at the top?(very nifty)  Quality-wise, I think it's right around the level of the Black Box stuff, if not better than some.

hot wheels hot rod diorama

Super cool paint job reminds me of another very nice hot rod I blogged recently.  *drools again*

tomicarama

hot wheels Mooneyham & Sharp '34 Ford Coupe


hot wheels Mooneyham & Sharp '34 Ford Coupe

hot wheels Mooneyham & Sharp '34 Ford Coupe

hood removed hot wheels Mooneyham & Sharp '34 Ford Coupe

Removable hood is so cool.  Rubberband often used by Mattel to keep things like that in place inside cases, they deteriorate after while, and I've seen it damage paint before.  This one left a pretty bad residue, but I was able to clean it off without ruining the decals.  I've had them destroy paint on premium cars before.  Scary.  




2 comments:

  1. Sweet model! I really love this collection, it's great HW.
    But it's true, rubberband are very crappy with the time!
    You'll find lots of information on the different casting here: http://www.southtexasdiecast.com/hwguide/blown34ford.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks for the link! Looks like the car is from the Showcase(2004) Hot Rod Series.

    ReplyDelete