Sunday, May 8, 2016

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N106c Toyota Supra 2.0 GT Twin Turbo Black Limited ('88 Model)

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N106c Toyota Supra 2.0 GT Twin Turbo Black Limited ('88 Model)

I guess you can call this one bittersweet.  It's my childhood dream car, and this is my third purchase of this casting.  You can see the other two here.  

Anywho, so while I waited long for this casting to be announced(it was on my TLV wishlist), there were few mild things that annoyed me just enough.  1) Casting look bit flat to me?  2) First two releases came with dirt cheap looking wheels(again, link here).  3) To me, pointless chin spoiler(splitter, etc., etc.) requred "you" install it with glue.

I think I'm extra picky, because it's one of my all-time favorite cars.  Also, like I always say, TLV prices are very high.  At least this one came with much improved rims.  :)  Pics:

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO LV-N106c Toyota Supra 2.0 GT Twin Turbo Black Limited ('88 Model)

tlv supra black

tlv toyota supra tomica

LV-N106c

Tomica Limited Vintage Toyota Supra

Tomica Limited Vintage NEO Toyota Supra 2.0 GT Twin Turbo Black

God, I adore this car.  In real life.  TLV version's pretty nice....

tlv toyota supra black tomica

6 comments:

  1. Hi, the reason that the casting looks flatter is because in Japan to avoid higher taxes for wider cars there were two version of body style made for the MKIII Supras.. That said, the US/Canada only got the wider one and Tomica(Tomytec) choose to make the slightly narrower car as I'm guessing that it was more popular just because it was cheaper on people tax wise, but it still looks pretty much like the wider MkIII Supras I beleive that it was only 2.2 inches wider here's the actual data: (Width 1,745 mm (68.7 in) (3.0L engine) 1,690 mm (66.5 in). I have all 4 of these releases, but the die-mold on my Gold/Brown one is not so nice on the right side & Amiami already sold out, so they can't replace it and they won't offer me a deal on a replacement in the same value :/ BTW, I really like your Reviews Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for chiming in with the info. I had no idea about the two separate body sizes(or I forgot, car is old!).

    Very sorry to hear about your gold/brown version. I do have a friend who got the same car, also from amiami, so I'll try to get his attention on the matter.

    Thank you for the kind words about the reviews. I appreciate it very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problem, the Supra has always been one of my favorite cars, infact I loved the design so much that it actually pushed me deeper into Japanese car culture as a kid in the 80s & into car design school in the 90s(even interning at CALTY "Toyota's Newport Beach, CA Design Studo in the late 90s). So, ultimately I love these little gems as they were a huge inspiration my life and still is. Take care and have a wonderful weekend! :) Cheers! David

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I grew up in 80's too, and Toyota still made many sporty cars back then. Nice to meet another Supra fan from the era. You have a great rest of the weekend, too. Thanks!

      P.S. I had the chance to check with my buddy on his gold/brown Supra, and he said his looked alright.

      I once had 1/18 AUTOart Ford GT that arrived from amiami without the stickshift lever? lol They had me ship that one back & issued me a full refund including shipping both ways. Disappointing they weren't able to help you with the Supra. :/

      Delete